Nedbank Group Ltd is a bank holding company and one of the four largest banking groups in SA measured by assets, with a strong deposit franchise and over six million clients.
Our principal banking subsidiary is Nedbank Ltd. Our ordinary shares have been listed on JSE Ltd since 1969 and on the Namibian Stock Exchange since 2007 and we have a market capitalisation of R95,4bn at 31 December 2012. Old Mutual plc is the majority shareholder, owning 52% of the group.
THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS WE PROVIDE
- Wholesale and retail banking services1
OUR FOCUS AND POSITIONING
- Southern Africa with selected African expansion.
- Positioned as a bank for all.
- Top two wholesale bank and strong market positioning in commercial property finance, business banking, vehicle finance, card acquiring, deposit taking, asset management and high-net-worth banking services.
- Pan-African banking alliance with Ecobank Transnational Inc for West and Central Africa, providing clients with access to 36 countries across Africa.
- Leadership in sustainability, transformation and community involvement.
HOW WE ARE STRUCTURED
- Nedbank Capital
- Nedbank Corporate
- Nedbank Business Banking
- Nedbank Retail
- Nedbank Wealth
- Central management functions in support of frontline businesses (incorporating Rest of Africa)
WE ARE BASED
- Headoffice in Sandown, Sandton, Johannesburg, SA.
- Large operational centres in Durban and Cape Town.
- Regional branch network throughout SA – more than 750 staffed outlets.
- Branches and representative ofﬁces
in other Southern African countries and certain key global ﬁnancial centres2. These meet the international banking requirements of our SA-based multinational and high-net-worth clients.